Seoul, South Korea - June 2012


posted by ANNIEE on , , , , ,

No comments



A much delayed post about my trip to Seoul. This was a small family trip that I took with my aunt and my mom :) We didn't follow any tour groups and decided to plan the trip ourselves!

We took Asiana Airline as they had the cheapest direct flight tickets. The flight was approximately 4 hours from Hong Kong. During the flight, there was a small in plane meal with my favourite Korean dish! Bi Bim Bap. Unlike our own Canadian airlines, even short haul flights have meals, which is always a plus on my books! They're also within the Star Alliance so the air miles can be counted towards my account.

We arrived around 6pm and we wanted to grab our "T-money" cards, which is similar to the Presto cards for all of you that live in Toronto or the Octopus cards in Hong Kong. So they were COMPLETELY sold out of the T-money cards. I was very disappointed in how they can be sold out of their travel cards at their international airport. Still boggles my mind.

Despite running into our first obstacle, we proceed to catch our bus back to the hotel. This was one of the most expensive bus rides and seems like an added traveller's expense. It costs approximately 20 CAD, which is pretty pricey for a GO bus-like ride. GO bus to the Pearson airport is only 10 CAD.

We got to our hotel and obviously they forgot to put a second bed in our hotel. Not only did we have to pay extra for our second bed (as expected), however, it wasn't even set up when we arrived.



Upset and hungry, we went to go get dinner. As we stayed in a rather popular shopping district, there were tons of restaurants opened late. People were standing outside trying to get us to go in. We ended up choosing this small restaurant that was filled with people, as that can only mean they have good food!
Not knowing what to order, we asked the waitress for help and she recommended some dishes. The food was delicious, but also SUPER spicy! Don't think I've ever drank that much water in my life!

That pretty much sums up Day 1 of my 5 days in Korea! Tune in for Day 2 post soon :)

Leave a Reply